Impressionist Oil Landscape
Oct. 28 - Nov. 18
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
( or $380 supplies included )
Also see "intro to oils"
LEARN TO CREATE AN IMPRESSIONISTIC LANDSCAPE
This workshop is for oil painters who are ready to loosen up their brush stroke and learn to apply paint like the breeze. You will learn to create the essence of a scene without getting muddy colours with Tammy's simple colour mixing tips. You will learn to apply paint thick on a 16 x 20 canvas in a style like Vangogh.
Here's what you can expect to learn:
• Learn to avoid common pitfalls that even experienced painters struggle with.
• The power of proper value control and avoiding the “mid-value” crisis, where values are too similar in lightness and darkness, causing paintings to appear flat, confusing, and lacking in convincing space.
• The proper way hold a brush and skills to gain control for confident stroke attack.
• Approaches to creating dynamic compositions.
• Strategies for experimenting with colour to explore new methods for expression.
Tammy demonstrates using Water-mixable oils however, this painting style can be done using any type of oil paint.
If you would like to learn the differences take Tammy's "Intro to Water-Mixable Oils" class.
Prerequisite: oil painting experience is helpful or at least an introductory class. see "intro to oils"
supply list will be emailed upon registration
space limited to 2
contact Tammy to register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POCO ART STUDIO
3-1760 McLean Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC
(Off Kingsway near the Coast Meridian overpass)