Introduction to Oil Painting
Friday, March 24
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
$250 supplies included
TAKE THE FEAR OUT OF OIL PAINTING
A lot of people stay away from oil painting due to the fact that it seems so complicated. Well I am using a type of oil paint that took away the complexity. Water-Mixable Oil paints wash out of your brush with just water. No need for solvents of any kind. You don't even need to use mediums if you don't want to. Find out why I am so excited about this type of paint and learn some of the basics that helped me take the leap into painting with oils. Come to my intro session to find out more.
Here's what you can expect to learn:
• Different methods of applying oil paint and the tools and brushes needed.
• Brand recommendations, safety tips, storage and brush care.
• The essence of oil painting: the benefits and drawbacks of a slow-drying painting medium.
• The difference between regular oils and water-mixable oils.
• Color wheel essentials and basic color theory, helping you to use color in a powerful way to create strong paintings.
For a follow up to this class try the All Day Impressionist Landscape Painting Workshop in Oil.
Testimonial: Thanks for the class. Have been busy painting since I saw you and doing cloud studies and finishing off some paintings. So nice to be at it again. I'm more motivated to paint because of the easy clean up! -Lynne M.
contact Tammy to register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POCO ART STUDIO
3-1760 McLean Avenue, Port Coquitlam, BC
(Off Kingsway near the Coast Meridian overpass)